Saturday, November 28, 2009

Week 1 Assignment

Through the “Technology Applications Inventory” and the SETDA survey for “The Teacher” I found that I am more technology proficient than I had originally thought. In the first survey I thought myself proficient in 55 out of the possible 58 questions. I do need to learn how to capture digital files and make sure they are under 125k. This is one thing I do not feel secure in. Another goal I have is to learn the difference between a vector graphic file and a bitmapped graphic file. I feel like I probably know what these are, I just do not know them in this technical terminology. And lastly on this from taking this quiz I feel I should make it a priority to learn how to create and save files that can be used cross platform. I am not sure what “cross platform” is, but I intend to learn very soon.

“The Teacher” SETDA survey I feel that our school and myself are about on par, if not ahead of the pack as far as technology in the school. I feel that I am very knowledgeable in things such as SMART boards and document cameras. Also, I am very inept at teaching and using PowerPoint presentations and having students produce different types of assignments using technology. I do feel that I don’t offer enough “in lab” time, and plan to adjust my lesson plans to allow more time in computer labs. I feel that doing this will help me figure out what training I would like to do and or teach for fellow teachers.

All in all I feel that these surveys were very useful. Often times we just kind of plan our lessons that will be the easiest for us as teachers. This made me step back and think how I can better benefit my students by placing more technology use in my lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment